To search our Spiral of Light dates, please click here to view our Retreat Calendar.
*All programs are in English. Spanish translation is available if needed. (Please let us know if you require this service).
The Healing Way of Huichol Shamanism
This 8 day spiritual retreat with Brant Secunda includes:
Learn shamanic practices to connect with the 4 directions
Empower your dream state through daily morning ritual
Sing ancient chants to open the heart
Practice the art of pilgrimage to connect with Places of Power
Dance your prayers into the altar of Mother Earth
Click here to join the event
The Huichol Tribe
The Huichol (Wixaritari) are a small indigenous tribe of approximately 35,000, living in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. They are considered one of the last cultures in North America to have maintained their pre-Columbian traditions unto the modern day.
Origins of the Deer Dance Ceremony
According to Huichol cosmology, the origins of this ceremony date back to the birth of the Sun. The dance is a reenactment of creation itself and honors our sacred relationship to the light. Kauyumari (The Magical Deer Spirit) is representative of our super-conscious mind and acts as an intermediary between our hearts and the spiritual world of nature.
Click here to read more about Brant’s incredible story of initiation into shamanism.
To read Joel Hersch’s heart warming and inspiring article on how the healing power of shamanism can be integrated into our modern daily lives, click here.
Glance at our ‘visiting facilitators‘ page or visit www.shamanism.com to learn more about the amazing life of Brant Secunda.
If you have any questions please get in touch and email us through our contact section.
Interior Evolution – a therapeutic use of Ayahuasca
Peruvian shaman Wilder Sánchez Muñoz, a direct descendant of the legendary Shipibo family lineage shares this ancient and powerful medicine for 7 days for those who are in search of truth, healing, love and happiness. By working with Ayahuasca, this benevolent jungle medicine can help to show you these qualities in your own Self.
Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits of Ayahuasca:
- Cleansing of bodily toxins
- Increase in self awareness
- Helps to override negative patterns of thought, addiction
- Expands our understanding of life events
- Promotes the healing of painful memories
- Access to deeper levels of contentment, peace and natural joy
- Guides us to the self knowing of our Soul.
Ayahuasca is a concoction of two Amazonian plants (Ayahuasca and Chacruna) used by the indigenous people of the Amazon for thousands of years in order to expand their consciousness and understand the mysteries of life and existence.
In recent years, its psychotherapeutic use has expanded throughout Europe and Latin America, consolidating itself through thousands of testimonies and numerous scientific studies that confirm its great efficacy as a catalyst for the healing process. It is an extraordinary tool of psychotherapy that allows to tackle very deep topics that carry old blockades.
In clearing those, our natural joy can be revealed.
Schedule & Format
- Each ceremony will begin at 8pm, when the fire is lit.
- Healing session lasts about 6-8 hours.
- Medicine is taken at the beginning of the ceremony with a chance for a second round later on if one desires.
- Each person will have their own insulating mat and warm blankets. We also recommend bringing your own sleeping bag and additional warm clothing.
- During the days of ceremonies only breakfast and lunch will be served.
- The following day will be reserved for you to take some time to yourself to rest, reflect on your experience and share at a group sharing circle if you wish.
Many people can participate with Ayahuasca treatment but there are a few very important restrictions to know.
People who cannot participate for medical reasons are:
- Pregnant women
- Those with cardiovascular problems, cardiac, and severe hypertension
- Those who have mental disorders, certain psychiatric diagnoses or epilepsy
- Those with bone fractures, or have had recent surgeries
- Those with acute infectious diseases, and/or currently use pharmaceutical medical treatment (natural or synthetic).
Medical treatments that will be in conflict include:
- Antidepressants such as SSRIs, MAOS; weight loss pills, antihypertensives, asthma and flu medications, anti-fungal, nervous system depressants
- If you have a cold or flu, do not take any influenza
- • Medication that acts on the central nervous system
These medications should be suspended at least 15 days prior to ingestion.
• For diabetes, arterial hypertension (which does not act directly in the central nervous system) and thyroid regulators.
In case of psychiatric medication or acting in the central nervous system it is absolutely necessary to consult your doctor.
Contact with the medicine depends, to a large extent, of preparing the body with a responsible and conscious diet.
The ritual framework of the ceremony begins in the days leading up to the ceremony, where the body, mind and heart are prepared, adjusting to a vegetarian diet. It is advisable to work with the humble intention of learning and with great respect for the sacred space.
It is necessary to observe:
- A rigorous vegetarian diet
- To abstain from any meat (pork, beef, chicken or seafood). White fish okay if you really need it
- To abstain from drinking alcohol or taking recreational drugs
- To abstain from sex or release through orgasm
This must be observed strictly for at least one week.
Other foods to avoid at least 3 days before:
- Caffeinated products, strong and aged cheeses, processed foods and junk food
- Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes, Natural Salad Dressing, Salts and Vitamins
- Rice, Pasta, Cereals and Grains
- Basic dairies such a Milk and Cheese, Yogurt and Lactose products