The Healing Way of Huichol Shamanism
8 Day Spiritual Retreat with Brant Secunda
February 18th – 25th
Join world-renowned shaman, healer and ceremonial leader Brant Secunda for an immersive 8-day retreat in the spectacular landscape of Patagonia. Experience ancient shamanic practices and ceremonies to empower your life and deepen your connection to nature.
Enjoy Aluantu’s beautiful amenities, healthy meals and lake side accommodation while absorbing the ancient indigenous teachings of the Huichol and learning traditional practices for personal and planetary healing.
During this retreat, you will have the opportunity to…
- Learn shamanic practices to connect with the 4 directions
- Empower your dream state through daily morning ritual
- Sing ancient chants to open the heart
- Practice the art of pilgrimage to connect with Places of Power
- Dance your prayers into the altar of Mother Earth
The Huichol Tribe
The Huichol (Wixaritari) are a small indigenous tribe of approximately 35,000, living in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. They are considered one of the last cultures in North America to have maintained their pre-Columbian traditions unto the modern day.
Origins of the Deer Dance Ceremony
According to Huichol cosmology, the origins of this ceremony date back to the birth of the Sun. The dance is a reenactment of creation itself and honors our sacred relationship to the light. Kauyumari (The Magical Deer Spirit) is representative of our super-conscious mind and acts as an intermediary between our hearts and the spiritual world of nature.
For more information:
How to Book
Choose the accommodation you would like for the retreat. Once purchased, this will create your reservation.
The reservation is per person, all inclusive and consists of:
- Three vegetarian meals (fish optional)
- Hot showers & electricity
- Housekeeping service
- The Retreat content which offers; seminars, classes, ceremonies and workshops
When your reservation is made, a confirmation email will be sent to you.